During this journey, I’ve increasingly found it helpful to go through primary (or close to primary) source literature to help me better understand different aspects of PCOS, thyroid issues, and various treatments. I’m well aware that I’m an outlier in the amount of information I like but in case others find it useful, I’ve collected those links and papers here. It’s a combination of articles, journal papers, and general advice that I’ve found helpful.
PS – I’m not in the medical field so this is definitely a lay person’s research. For the most part, I’ve used this to help me ask better questions and better evaluate their responses. Any other reading suggestions would be appreciated!
Thyroid & Fertility:
- What to expect after an ectopic pregnancy
- When is it best to use methotrexate?
- Methotrexate success rates
- Avoiding another ectopic
- P(ectopic with IVF | prev ectopic) = 1-2%
- P(ectopic with no IVF | prev ectopic) = ~15%
PCOS (General Info):
- Infertility Manifesto
- Hormones of the Reproductive System
- Why women obsess about fertility (from Torthuil)