I have had PCOS since my early 20s so we always knew that the TTC journey could be tumultuous (it certainly has been). I also have mild thyroid issues (officially, I think it’s subclinical hypothyroidism — not quite hypothyroid but higher than ideal). Much of my life lately has been waiting for pink lines to appear…
The story so far:
- Sep 2015 – Mar 2016 : several monitored cycles to check if I ovulate on my own (hint: I don’t)
- Apr 2016 : medicated clomid cycle with OBGYN. Ovulated but BFN.
- May – Nov 2016 : many months of transferring clinics and trying to bring down TSH levels
- Jan 2017 : chemical pregnancy
- Feb 2017 : IUI #1 (failed)
- Mar 2017 : IUI #2 (ectopic)
- May – Jul 2017 : Waiting it out. Taking birth control
- Jul 2017 : HSG. Confirms that both tubes are blocked.
- Aug – Sep 2017 : IVF #1 (sorta successful?). GonalF + Menopur + Cetrotide -> 13 eggs -> 9 fertilized (ICSI) -> 4 day 5 embryos. Transferred 1. BFN.
- Oct – Dec 2017 : FET #1. Lupron + Minivelle + PIO -> transferred 2 embryos. BFP! 1 yolk sac visible. Due in early August 2018.
- Feb 2018 : Diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 15 weeks.