Of course, I had to plot out this last cycle. Any takeaways? Not as much as the ectopic when there was so much that was unpredictable. This one seemed like a pretty average stimulation cycle.
- It’s long. But then half that time was on birth control, resetting the body, so to speak. Once we actually started stimming, it went pretty fast. You see that where all the action is crammed in the middle.
- A close-up of the stims part of the cycle gives a better sense of how that timeline worked out.
- From what I’ve read, it doesn’t seem like IVF cycles are very different between individuals. Meds and doses vary but the time frames are roughly the same. I wish I had this diagram before doing the whole process. It would have helped me wrap my mind around what was going on much more.
- There’s also a lot going on – the clinic is measuring follicles, measuring estrogen (probably others too but that’s all they told me). You’re on multiple medications, sometimes at once so it can be complex to keep all the moving pieces in one place mentally.
- Honestly, when I think back about the cycle, really I just feel like it wasn’t that bad. It certainly wasn’t fun but it was perfectly manageable. Mostly I remember my poor little embryo that didn’t make it.